iWave develops software platforms that help education, healthcare, and nonprofit organizations fundraise with confidence. We serve over 2,500 clients worldwide, from Stanford University to Doctors Without Borders, to your local United Way. When there is a fundraising goal to be met, our clients turn to iWave to determine who to ask, how much to ask for, and when to ask.
iWave is backed by a Silicon Valley-based Private Equity firm and thanks to our innovative products, dedicated team, and commitment to clients, iWave is entering a period of exponential growth. To help support this growth, we are looking to add a number of positions to our team. The majority of positions are located in Charlottetown, PE, and Atlantic Canada, but remote may be an option for the right candidate.
As a member of the iWave team, you will enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, executive mentorship, and a collaborative work environment with a focus on excellence, passion, and fun.
Please email a resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
We are looking for a Data Specialist to join our growing, dynamic Technical team. This role is responsible for maintaining and improving data operations by ensuring delivery, integrity, quality, and access of data.
- Process large volumes of data through Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) by writing and maintaining scripts, processes and tools.
- Assist product team with evaluation of 3rd Party datasets and then the engineering team with the implementation.
- Analyze existing data architecture for new opportunities and make recommendations for improvements.
- Assist engineering team with sql patterns and general database tuning.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with solutions.
- Assist in database design and architecture documentation.
- Help maintain the integrity and security of databases.
- Perform continual data quality improvements as it relates to timeliness, integrity, accuracy, conformity, consistency and completeness.
- Incident and problem management to find bugs and root cause analysis.
- Other duties as required.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering, or equivalent experience. Recent graduates welcome to apply.
- Knowledge of data technologies such as MySQL/MariaDB and Sphinx.
- Strong Linux and SQL experience, including bash-scripts and C# knowledge.
- Logic database design, data modelling and implementation.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Extensive experience in all areas is not required, but a passion and self-motivation to learn new skills and technologies and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment is mandatory.
Content Marketing Manager
As Content Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for supporting and executing iWave’s content marketing strategy and will report directly to the VP of Marketing. You will enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, executive mentorship, and a collaborative work environment with a focus on excellence, passion, and fun.
About the Role:
- Devise and execute content marketing strategy designed to attract, educate, and convert leads
- Own and contribute to iWave Blog with support from others in marketing department
- Develop written content including whitepapers, eBooks, news items, newsletters, case studies, website copy, and webinars
- Assist in the development of sales collateral and marketing campaigns
- Collaborate on various lead generation activities
- Own and manage iWave’s social media platforms
- Assist with market research such as customer surveys and competitive analysis
- Interact with outside vendors such as advertising agencies and graphic designers
- Maintain brand alignment and tone across all marketing channels
About You – Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma (English, Business, or Marketing an asset)
- Minimum one (1) year relevant professional experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills with ability to adjust tone and style
- Experience in digital marketing and/or content marketing
- Experience using WordPress, Google Analytics, Hubspot, or Salesforce an asset
- Willingness and ability to travel to trade shows throughout North America as required
About You – Soft Skills:
- Ability to multitask and work effectively under pressure
- Analytical with the ability to evaluate and modify approaches based on learning
- Willingness to take initiative
- Self-motivated and hardworking
- Organized and results-driven
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Passion for learning
Director of Product Development
The Director of Product Development is responsible for providing leadership and direction to iWave’s product development function. You will be providing strategic direction for people, process and technology, including: organizational changes; resource allocation and delivery of the software product in alignment with corporate goals and requirements; and key design decisions regarding the technology, structure and configuration of the product. You will also be responsible for: hiring, coaching, and mentoring; training and professional development; quality management; software delivery methodology and process improvement; and establishing strategic partnerships with PMO, Product Management and IT.
- Define and execute the technical direction and strategy of the Product Development team to ensure alignment with corporate objectives.
- Direct and manage the development of our software products, defining the release and roadmap schedules, and ensuring adequate resources (budget, people, technologies, etc.) for success.
- Manage resources with full accountability to meet and/or exceed deliverable timelines and budgets.
- Collaborate with PMO to ensure that Product Development teams work towards deliverables within the end-to-end product delivery process, and that they consider the strategies, priorities and schedules of Product Management.
- Ensure that Product Development teams plan and schedule activities and allocate resources in a way that will ensure quality deliverables (balancing time, cost and scope constraints), minimize technical debt, and keep product base healthy and current.
- Lead and participate in product design reviews and complex technical initiatives as required (e.g. refactor, redesign, or upgrade product designs to meet client and compliance requirements).
- Deploy effective people strategies in all aspects of people management including, but not limited to, successful hiring, coaching, and mentoring leadership, training and professional development, performance management and administrative oversight (e.g. budgets and forecasts).
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 7 or more years in a senior software development management role, with in-depth experience building, managing, motivating, and mentoring high-performance, self-directed, cross-functional, collaborative product teams
- 10 or more years of experience in software engineering/product development of commercial software and SDLC across multiple platforms
- Experience leading or working with high-performing DevOps teams
- In-depth experience defining Release Strategy, Test Strategy, planning and estimating
- Proven experience building and executing strategy to implement new methodologies, and teams through periods of change and transformation
- Agile development concepts and methodologies
- Cloud & On-premise platforms
- Software Quality Management or similar experience
- Strategic, problem-solver, business acumen, results-oriented, attention to detail
- University Degree or comparable education/experience (Comp Sci, SW Engineering, etc.)
- Open and collaborative style; must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged
- Energy and enthusiasm; enjoy being accountable and willing to hold others accountable
Client Support Specialist
You will be challenged on a daily basis to understand our clients’ use cases and provide the best solutions – the learning will never stop! The Customer Support Specialist owns the operational relationship for our customers and serves as the interface between the customer and iWave to deliver superior customer satisfaction.
- Provide Level 1 technical support for iWave products via tickets, phone and chat.
- Analyze, track and resolve customer questions in a prompt manner to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction
- Apply analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product problems ranging from simple to complex
- Prioritize issues based on severity and customer impact
- Handle sensitive escalation issues and conflicting/competing priorities
- Maintain product knowledge of new functionality and compliance changes
- Participate in coverage plan, including on-call and holiday coverage
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 – 5 years of proven success in application support and customer service (experience with SaaS would be awesome!)
- Excellent customer service skills – the ability to be empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to convey software jargon in a wide-array of syntax for the targeted audience with different technical abilities
- Ability to empower end-users to support themselves using our knowledge base
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and multitasking skills
- Ability to generate a sense of urgency and rally appropriate teams
- Use your energy, drive, adaptability and enthusiasm to perpetrate the positive vibes throughout the company and drive changes
- Location: Canada
Sales Development Representative
Reporting to VP of Sales, the SDR would work with our current group of Account Executives (AE) in developing our pool of sales leads. Activities include generating outbound leads using both phone and email, supporting sales efforts and campaigns, maintenance of our CRM and other related tasks. In this position, you will also assist with product inquiries, industry research and following through with lead requests. Throughout the lead qualification process, you will learn to identify the specific needs of prospects, and how iWave’s products/solutions meet those needs.
- Generate outbound leads using input from AE’s, marketing campaigns, targeted lists of prospects and existing CRM accounts
- Manage outbound leads generated using the in-house CRM
- Ensure a smooth hand-off of leads to the AE team
- When appropriate, book online demonstrations with prospects
- Participation and support in marketing programs and events
- Participation in sales strategy sessions
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships inside and outside of iWave
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in business, marketing or a related field
- Prior work experience in sales or marketing
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be a self-starter
As a key member of the iWave Product Development team, this position is responsible for the design and development of high-quality features to improve our SaaS products in solving customer problems. These components play a critical role in the delivery of future versions of the Prospect Research Online (PRO) solution and supporting products.
- Front end development and design within an Agile and DevOps environment.
- Cross-team collaboration in product design, development and problem-solving.
- Work closely with other front end and back end developers to develop a modern user interface and functionality.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A University degree or college diploma.
- Working knowledge of MVC frameworks and Unit Testing.
- Motivated to work in a highly collaborative, challenging, innovative, and quality oriented environment as part of a dynamic and successful organization.
- Knowledgeable on the latest Web technologies, cross-browser and platform issues.
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and optimization skills.
- Worked on projects involving cloud-based architecture.
- UX/UI and visual design skills.