iWave Information Systems is a dynamic, ever-changing company, striving to be two steps ahead of the rest.
To keep our business humming, we are constantly looking for talented professionals of all skill levels and experience. If we sound like the right company for you – and you’d like to be a part of our team – please email a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 1991, iWave Information Systems (iWave) has been developing software solutions to help nonprofit organizations find charitable donors and raise more major gifts, faster. With clients worldwide, including Stanford, Duke University, Doctors without Borders, United Way, and the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Foundation, iWave continues to grow through the development of innovative and leading edge information systems. Headquartered in Canada, we are currently looking to add the following talents to our Charlottetown team.
Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will have full accountability, leadership and management of iWave’s financial function, including all accounting practices and policies, financial and management reporting, capital planning and budgeting, internal controls, credit, treasury and finance activities, tax planning and compliance, payroll, client billing and collections, and overall financial strategy. The successful candidate will report directly to the CEO, be a member of the senior leadership team and contribute to the overall business planning, strategy and execution of the organization.
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Contribute to the development of iWave’s strategic goals and objectives, as well as, the overall management and leadership of the organization.
- Develop and refine tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and Executive Director and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- As a true business partner to the CEO and Executive Director, assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy.
- Engage the Board around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, etc.).
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with growth and strategic plan by working with functional leaders to develop short and long-term business plans
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the finance team.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast (vs. budget)
- Assume primary responsibility for complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Develop and execute analyses of various business initiatives (e.g., opening new operations, asset acquisition, new service launches).
- Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
- Assist in development of financial planning and analysis exercises/reports.
- Manage current and future lender relationships.
Policy and Reporting
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets.
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts.
- Report results to investors monthly and to the board quarterly
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
- Represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, auditors.
- Remain up to date on audit best practices and tax law
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance with Lender Reporting, Credit Agreements and associated covenants.
- Develop and implement short- and long-range Finance function goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
Accounting and Administration
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting and oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Oversee expeditious preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
- Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Oversee weekly cash management; Approve weekly payables; Execute check signing
- Oversee investment and asset management.
- Oversee AR management and provide support to collections activities
Insurance/Real Estate/Legal Affairs/M&A
- Manage the company’s insurance programs
- Manage the company’s real estate affairs consisting of leases and/or sub-leases with various landlords; Negotiate new leases or lease renewals; Coordinate with real estate counsel
- Manage the company’s legal affairs in the areas of 3rd Party agreements, Human Resource matters, and general corporate governance.
- Facilitate and manage a due diligence process for acquisition opportunities.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Business or Accounting degree mandatory, a master’s in business administration is preferred.
- CPA, CA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Strong business partner with a deep financial background and a history of helping companies grow rapidly and sustainably in changing markets.
- Multi-year experience in a rapidly growing software and/or data and analytics oriented industry with revenue of more than $30mm and a keen focus on EBITDA growth.
- Ability to partner with company and client executives and senior operating management in development and execution of business strategies.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Experience with private equity groups and successful M&A transactions is preferred.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively
- Interface with senior management, board of directors, and staff.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Client Support Specialist
You will be challenged on a daily basis to understand our clients’ use cases and provide the best solutions – the learning will never stop! The Customer Support Specialist owns the operational relationship for our customers and serves as the interface between the customer and iWave to deliver superior customer satisfaction.
- Provide Level 1 technical support for iWave products via tickets, phone and chat.
- Analyze, track and resolve customer questions in a prompt manner to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction
- Apply analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product problems ranging from simple to complex
- Prioritize issues based on severity and customer impact
- Handle sensitive escalation issues and conflicting/competing priorities
- Maintain product knowledge of new functionality and compliance changes
- Participate in coverage plan, including on-call and holiday coverage
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 – 5 years of proven success in application support and customer service (experience with SaaS would be awesome!)
- Excellent customer service skills – the ability to be empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to convey software jargon in a wide-array of syntax for the targeted audience with different technical abilities
- Ability to empower end-users to support themselves using our knowledge base
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and multitasking skills
- Ability to generate a sense of urgency and rally appropriate teams
- Use your energy, drive, adaptability and enthusiasm to perpetrate the positive vibes throughout the company and drive changes
- Location: Canada
Senior Sales Development Specialist
Reporting to VP of Sales, the SDR would work with our current group of Account Executives (AE) in developing our pool of sales leads. Activities include generating outbound leads using both phone and email, supporting sales efforts and campaigns, maintenance of our CRM and other related tasks. In this position you will also assist with product inquiries, industry research and following through with lead requests. Throughout the lead qualification process, you will learn to identify the specific needs of prospects, and how iWave’s products/solutions meet those needs.
- Generate outbound leads using input from AE’s, marketing campaigns, targeted lists of prospects and existing CRM accounts
- Manage outbound leads generated using the in-house CRM
- Ensure a smooth hand-off of leads to the AE team
- When appropriate, book online demonstrations with prospects
- Participation and support in marketing programs and events
- Participation in sales strategy sessions
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Comfortable in a fast paced, results-oriented environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships inside and outside of iWave
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in business, marketing or a related field
- Prior work experience in sales or marketing
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be a self-starter
Data Support Specialist
The candidate will provide expertise in data support. This position is critical to helping iWave maintain and improve its data operations. The candidate will support the data architect, developers, and system administrators.
The Data Support Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Process large volumes of data through Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL).
- Assist with writing and maintain scripts and processes to extract, transform, and load data into databases.
- Assist in product improvements by improving the quality of the data, resolving bugs, and making data more accessible.
- Maintain database performance by identifying and resolving problems.
- Assist with evaluation and implementation of new datasets. Include creating and maintaining data models for all databases.
- Support iWave IT staff with data technology changes, updates and issues.
- Other duties as required.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- College diploma or University degree related to Information Technology.
- Understanding of MYSQL and Linux.
- Strong knowledge of programming, writing SQL queries, and logical database design and implementation.
- Exceptional problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Extensive experience in all areas is not required, but a passion and self motivation to learn new skills and technologies and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment is mandatory.
As a key member of the iWave Product Development team, this position is responsible for the design and development of high quality features to improve our SaaS products in solving customer problems. These components play a critical role in the delivery of future versions of the Prospect Research Online (PRO) solution and supporting products.
- Front end development and design within an Agile and DevOps environment.
- Cross team collaboration in product design, development and problem solving.
- Work closely with other front end and back end developers to develop a modern user interface and functionality.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A University degree or college diploma.
- Working knowledge of MVC frameworks and Unit Testing.
- Motivated to work in a highly collaborative, challenging, innovative, and quality oriented environment as part of a dynamic and successful organization.
- Knowledgeable on the latest Web technologies, cross-browser and platform issues.
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and optimization skills.
- Worked on projects involving cloud-based architecture.
- UX/UI and visual design skills.