We are looking for a Data Specialist to join our growing, dynamic Technical team. This role is responsible for maintaining and improving data operations by ensuring delivery, integrity, quality, and access to data.
- Process large volumes of data through Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) by writing and maintaining scripts, processes and tools.
- Assist product team with evaluation of 3rd Party datasets and then the engineering team with the implementation.
- Analyze existing data architecture for new opportunities and make recommendations for improvements.
- Assist the engineering team with SQL patterns and general database tuning.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with solutions.
- Assist in database design and architecture documentation.
- Help maintain the integrity and security of databases.
- Perform continual data quality improvements as it relates to timeliness, integrity, accuracy, conformity, consistency and completeness.
- Incident and problem management to find bugs and root cause analysis.
- Other duties as required.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering, or equivalent experience. Recent graduates welcome to apply.
- Knowledge of data technologies such as MySQL/MariaDB and Sphinx.
- Strong Linux and SQL experience, including bash-scripts and C# knowledge.
- Logic database design, data modelling and implementation.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Extensive experience in all areas is not required, but a passion and self-motivation to learn new skills and technologies and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment is mandatory.