iWave develops software platforms that help education, healthcare, and nonprofit organizations fundraise with confidence. We are located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island and serve over 4,000 clients worldwide! We are currently searching for an Executive Assistant to join our growing, dynamic team.
Reporting to the Director of People and Culture, the Executive Assistant is an expert master multi-tasker with a high attention to detail who enjoys working with different departments and taking on new tasks. You are the behind-the-scenes wizard that makes things look easy to ensure that operations for our growing team of 90+ people run smoothly.
Your commitment to professionalism, confidentiality, attention to detail, exceptional communication skills, and fun can-do attitude will be called upon daily while working in many facets of our business, supporting administrative functions as well as our executive team.
What You’ll Do:
• Manager of “First Impressions” as greeter at the front reception desk
• Handle inbound inquiries and promptly route to the appropriate person or function
• Maintain necessary office inventory, such as office supplies, washroom and kitchen supplies, corporate swag, and researching advantageous deals and new suppliers
• Maintain the tidiness and functionality of the board rooms, conference rooms and staff/kitchen area, which includes purchasing food for treat days and onsite meetings
• Manage connections with contractors and vendors, as applicable to the facility (ie cleaners, coffee suppliers, couriers) and maintain the facility’s seating chart
• Book and coordinate travel logistics for all staff, including flights, hotels, and meal reservations
• Coordinate and manage the preparation and setup of onsite and offsite staff events
• General office administrative support to all staff and executive team
People and Culture Support
• Complete onboarding tasks such as background checks, preparing welcome swag, coordinating seating, sending equipment via courier, greeting new hires, facility tours
• Complete offboarding tasks such as exit interviews, coordinating equipment return, collection of parking and security passes, keeping applicable departments up to date on the status of such
• Administration of insurance benefits, including additions and terminations in software portal and communication with staff
• Administration of HRIS and Rewards software platforms
• Maintain budget spending tracker and employee checklist trackers in real time
• Collaboration with Director of People and Culture on various projects and activities
• Actively participate in iWave committees
• Other related duties, as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
• College diploma in Executive Office Administration, or equivalent
• 3+ years in an Executive Assistant or HR Assistant role
• Projects a positive demeanor regardless of changes in tasks, workload or working conditions
• Promptly responds to requests with attention to detail, accuracy and in a courteous demeanor
• Exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions
• Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in the face of constant change
• Takes initiative, identifies office management improvements, works without constant supervision
• Demonstrates proficiency in new software applications and easily acquires new technical skills
• Proven organization and time management skills to complete a high volume of varied responsibilities in a fast-paced setting with the belief that no task is too big or too small
• Superb communication skills (oral and written) with a confident, concise, and compelling style
• Proficient in administrative applications including, MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and Google – Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet; along with Zoom and Slack, with a willingness to expand knowledge
• Excellent relationship builder; able to demonstrate a high level of tact, discretion, professionalism, and diplomacy with all internal and external stakeholders
• Proven ability to maintain confidential/sensitive information is a must
• A positive and fun “can do” attitude with a great sense of humor
*This is full time onsite role in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at iWave! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description. We are ‘Great Place to Work’ certified and offer so many great benefits, rewards and perks! We can’t wait to speak with you!
Apply Now for This Exciting Position!