iWave develops software platforms that help education, healthcare, and nonprofit organizations fundraise with confidence. We are located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island and serve over 4,000 clients worldwide! We are currently searching for a Business Analyst to join our growing, dynamic tech team.
As a member of the Product Management team, the Business Analyst will work closely with the Director of Product Management to translate client needs into new product features as well as enhancements to existing features. They are highly collaborative and enjoy working closely with developers and the quality assurance team within an Agile software development environment. This position requires flexibility, adaptability, innovative thinking, and self-motivation to succeed in order to support the delivery of iWave’s Product Roadmap.
What You’ll Do
- Elicit and document product and system requirements from internal, external stakeholders as well as clients, ensuring they are translated into the appropriate context when necessary
- Conduct meetings to gather feedback for requirements, workflow diagrams, wireframes, use cases, scenarios and other formats, which will be used to provide direction to developers and project teams
- Decompose product vision, roadmap items and features into user stories and help maintain a prioritized list of features based on feedback from the product owner and other stakeholders
- Self-organize to pull on technology resources and departments as needed to ensure objectives/goals are successful
- Serve as a point of contact and help identify solutions to business, technology, and customer problems
- Drive improvements and standards across the technology department through process optimization and agile strategy
- Champion features from a technological perspective, overseeing the implementation through ideation, development, QA and final launch to customers
- Other duties as required
What We’re Looking For
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, or information technology with a minimum of 5 years experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with business and software requirements analysis, design, and verification
- Understanding of software development life cycle concepts (SDLC), knowledge of Agile methodologies would be an asset
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong aptitude when it comes to learning new technologies and enjoys solving problems
- Extensive experience in all areas is not required, but a passion and self motivation to learn new skills and technologies and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment is mandatory
- Ability to work onsite or travel to head office in Charlottetown, PE when needed (if not in PEI)
- Experience working in a virtual environment and have private in-home office space and high speed internet connection (if remote or hybrid)
We are ‘Great Place to Work’ certified and offer so many great benefits, rewards and perks! We can’t wait to speak with you!
Apply Now for This Exciting Position!Apply Now