As a key member of the iWave Product Development team, this position is responsible for the design and development of high-quality features to improve our SaaS products in solving customer problems. These components play a critical role in the delivery of future versions of the iWave solution and supporting products as well as the migration to an updated web platform.
What you’ll do
- Develop code to communicate with third party APIs.
- Make recommendations for optimization of API implementation.
- Work closely with other developers to ensure product requirements are fulfilled and APIs are used effectively.
- Assist with creation of operational best practices.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and departments.
- Actively participate in team meetings.
- Other related duties, as required.
What we’re looking for
- A University degree or college diploma in IT or Computer Science.
- Experience in developing applications that make use of third-party APIs.
- Experience with design and implementation of REST APIs.
- Experience with API testing tools such as Postman.
- Excellent understanding of HTTP APIs,
- Excellent understanding of OAuth2 and API security best practices.
- Excellent understanding of APIs in a cloud environment, especially AWS.
- Our office is located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island where you will work onsite – remote options available for applicants from other Canadian provinces.
- Experience working in a virtual environment and have a private in-home office space and high-speed internet connection (if remote).
- Ability to travel to head office in Charlottetown, PE when needed (if not in PEI).
We are ‘Great Place to Work’ certified and offer so many great benefits, rewards and perks! We can’t wait to speak with you!
Apply Now for This Exciting Position!Apply Now