iWave develops software platforms that help education, healthcare, and nonprofit organizations fundraise with confidence. We serve thousands of clients worldwide, from Stanford University, to Doctors Without Borders, to your local United Way. When there is a fundraising goal to be met, our clients turn to iWave to determine who to ask, how much to ask for, and when to ask. Thanks to our innovative products, dedicated team, and commitment to clients, iWave is entering a period of unprecedented growth. To help support this growth, we are looking for an exceptional Accounting Technician to join our team.
As a member of our dynamic finance team, you will be exposed to all aspects of what it takes to keep iWave’s accounting records running smoothly and on-time. Working closely with our entire finance team, you will work collaboratively with our growing sales team and client success to issue invoices, receive and post deposits, and follow up with our clients on overdue accounts. You will also assist with other bookkeeping duties. As a member of our cross-trained team, you will have variety in your work responsibilities throughout the year with the benefit of providing a challenging yet balanced approach to your workday. This position will expand as quickly as you’re ready for a new challenge!
We are a collaborative finance team with a focus on excellence, passion, and fun. We love working with each other and we love what we do. We are looking for someone that shares the same passion!
What You’ll Do:
- Verify the sales information collected and accurately prepare sales invoices
- Conduct quality control review of contracts and communicate shortfalls back to the sales representative
- Manage customer access and prepare related reconciliations
- Process sales receipts and related deposits
- Accounts receivable follow-up with clients and making collection calls
- Accounts payables preparation and reconciliations
- Reconciliations for credit cards, bank statements and general ledger
- Assist with preparation of reports needed for sales reporting and commissions
- Performing other bookkeeping duties and maintain an orderly filing system
- Other related duties as required
What We’re Looking For:
- A fun can-do attitude and a genuine love of accounting is a must!
- Diploma in Accounting Technology and/or university degree
- 3+ years of practical accounting experience, with a bookkeeping/accounting focus. If your experience is much more (or less) than this, we’d love to talk to you!
- Great communication skills with internal teams, customers and vendors
- Accurate record keeping skills and high attention to detail
- Quick to learn new tasks and new processes in a high volume/high paced environment
- Work effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance plus work well as a team member
- Comfortable working in multiple software systems
- Exhibit sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction
- Demonstrate flexibility in the face of change
- *This is an onsite role at our headquarters in Charlottetown, PEI
We are ‘Great Place to Work’ certified and offer so many great benefits, rewards and perks! We can’t wait to speak with you!
Apply Now for This Exciting Position!Apply Now