iWave Is Going to Dreamforce ’17 – This Is Why You Should Care
In less than two weeks (November 6, to be exact) members of the iWave team will head to Dreamforce, the largest software conference in the world. But why should you and your nonprofit care?
What is Dreamforce?
“Four days of transforming your career, innovating, giving back, having a ball, and connecting with your community of fellow Trailblazers — all at the largest software conference in the world. Sound amazing? It is. With 2,700+ sessions to help every role in every industry succeed, the opportunity to get hands-on with the latest product innovations, and 170,000 Trailblazers to learn from, Dreamforce is the must-attend event of the year. And it’s going to sell out, so register now to blaze your trail to new skills, new perspectives, and new connections.”
Sounds interesting. Is there something in it for nonprofits, even if we don’t use Salesforce?
Most definitely. Over 32,000 nonprofits use Salesforce as their donor management system (DMS). But even if Salesforce isn’t your DMS, there are still many learning opportunities jam-packed into four days. Thousands of nonprofit workers are expected to attend Dreamforce this year. There is even a dedicated “campus” for nonprofit attendees hosted by Salesforce.org, the philanthropic wing of Salesforce.
iWave will be at the Salesforce.org campus. While there, attendees can expect 30+ sessions about nonprofit work, with top sessions about how you can:
- Connect your entire organization on a single technology platform
- Fundraise more effectively
- Drive more impact with your programs and services
- Discover what’s working and learn where you need to course-correct
- Report out to your funders
- Engage more effectively and communicate smarter, at scale
- Grow your organization and expand your impact
Beyond sessions, you’ll have opportunities to:
- Get hands-on with product innovation
- Learn best practices and how-tos
- Listen to expert panels
- Learn from nonprofit case studies from all over the map
- Up your game with Salesforce training and certification
- Experience exciting keynotes with product announcements
- Learn how to become a connected nonprofit, campus or school
Why is iWave going?
We’re glad you asked! Just as Dreamforce is a learning opportunity for you, it’s also a great learning opportunity for us. While onsite, we will:
- Learn how to further enhance PRO‘s data and features to provide more value to clients
- Network with current and potential data partners to deliver our solutions to more nonprofits
- And of course, meet clients like you!
Our new VP of Channel Partners, Trent Beattie, will also be onsite to develop relationships with nonprofit consultants and partners. Learn more about Trent and his new role here.
I’m going to Dreamforce. Where can I find iWave?
We hope to see you there! You can find iWave at the Salesforce.org Lodge at Kiosk 13A. Please stop by to see PRO in action or try our PROscore app for Salesforce. If you would like to meet for a cup of coffee or a quick lunch, please shoot us an email at email@example.com.
About the author: Ryan McCarvill is iWave’s Content Manager. He joined the iWave team in 2016. Ryan enjoys meeting and learning from nonprofit professionals, researching trends in the nonprofit community, and offering strategies for development teams to use iWave’s solutions to meet and exceed their fundraising goals.